Turkey Run Park – Louisville
We are extremely happy to relay this message from Scott Martin, Parks Director of The Parklands of Floyds Fork…. “Turkey run open! Go ride and explore the two new beginner trails built by the IMBA trail solutions!”
Paw Paw – A 2.3 mile, easy hike/bike soft trail through Turkey Run Forest. Access the trail via the paved excursion trail from the Sky Meadows/Boulder Pond parking lot. Along the route you may choose to cut over onto Chinkapin Trail, or continue on to the Louisville Loop just north of the Brown-Forman Silo Center.
Chinkapin Trail – A more difficult soft surface hike/bike trail approximately 2.2 miles in length through Turkey Run Forest. This trail is accessible via the Paw Paw Trail (please keep in mind the Wild Hyacinth Trail is hike only). This trail has a backwoods feel through the upland forest.
The Brown Forman Silo Center will serve as the primary trailhead for the new bike park featuring pump tracks, flow style trails, and cross country trails for every user level. There are also restrooms and picnic areas.
NOTE: The mountain bike Ride Center and more trails are still under construction. Opening plans will be shared when available.
From the Brown Forman Silo Center parking lot: Head north on the Louisville loop and the entrance to Paw Paw trail will be on your right in about 1000 ft.
From Sky Meadows/Boulder Pond parking lot: follow the boulder pond/sky dome gravel path and you will run into the north entrance of paw paw.
From Seatonville Rd. Entrance: Best used as overflow lot or to experience the Louisville Loop through Turkey Run and add some mileage. Park at the first parking lot on the right. Take Louisville Loop south for about three miles. Entrance to the Paw Paw trail will be on your left about 1000 ft. before Silo Center.
Download Park Map here!
DIRECTIONS TO BROWN-FORMAN SILO CENTER from I-64/Downtown Louisville
- Take the Gene Snyder South to Exit 19 Billtown Road
- Take a left onto Billtown Road (.9 miles)
- Turn left onto Seatonville Road (at the stop sign) and follow for about 1.5 miles
- The road will cross Floyds Fork and you will see the Turkey Run Park entrance on your right. Turn right into the park.
- Follow the new park road (Turkey Run Pkwy) up the hill, past the Sky Meadow parking area (on your left) and under a pedestrian bridge until you come to the bottom of a hill and see a house straight ahead (you’ve gone about 1.5 miles in the park).
- Take a left onto Stout Road.
- Follow Stout Road past the Ben Stout House and a small silo. The road will take you back uphill to the Brown-Forman Silo Center.
- The parking area for the Silo Center will be on your left (look for big yellow silo). Valet drop-off will be located in this parking lot. Please use the second parking lot entrance.